Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Portal to The North Pole

I had this weird dream last night and I decided to turn it into a short story:
Every 10 years at the Vigilante house, the portal to the North Pole opens and Santa picks 2 of the children staying there to come see it. In the year of 2010 I was staying there with my sister, LuLu. We were sitting on the front porch with our Aunt and Uncle when suddenly we heard a loud noise like glass breaking. My Aunt ran inside to see if it was my cousin, Dominic, broke anything for he was only rambunctious 7 year old. My uncle came over to our rocking chairs and looked down beneath the porch. Being curious LuLu and I also looked down too. There was a hole in the ground just big enough for my skinny little Aunt to climb down. Suddenly we heard a booming voice come out of the hole in the ground. It said, "Kelly and LuLu Blewitt I invite you to come to the North Pole! Your Aunt like always will  accompany you to the place where she knows where to stop and she can't help you at all." My Uncle called my Aunt over saying, "Ellen, it happened again!" My Aunt raced over and sat next to my Uncle. The booming voice spoke again," Sincerely Santa." My Aunt started to yell things like,"Get your coats on it's going to be chilly down there!" and "Get some flashlights your going to need in the shaft." LuLu was helping Aunt get the flashlights and the coats. Uncle was explaining to me what was happening and about the past children to go and see Santa. When we heard a small, but clear voice say, "I wanna go to the North Pole too!" We all turned to see Dominic standing there. My Aunt walked over to my cousin and said, "Darling, I love you, but can't because Santa only invited LuLu and Kelly, but you can play Go Fish with Uncle." He burst in to tears! The booming voice came out and said,"He may accompany you, but he must go back to the home when you reach the place." When my cousin heard this he started dancing and singing,"I'm going to the North Pole!!" My Aunt took my hand and LuLu's. She walked us over to hole and told us to put our coats on and gave us each a flashlight. I started climbing down into the hole first and then LuLu. When I reached the bottom I noticed that we were in the basement. We all looked around except for Dominic who was still dancing and singing. I saw a bag that said: For LuLu and Kelly! Please put on!!Inside there were even warmer clothes then we had on. We did as the bag said and my Aunt told us that she had to go now. She started back up the ladder when these very small people came through the wall and introduced themselves as elves. They told us to come with them in there procession back to the North Pole. That's when Dominic bursted into the procession. My Aunt tried to stop him, but he was already through the corridor, a place where she can't go into. LuLu and I successfully went through the corridor and had a wonderful time at the North Pole, but Dominic for being naughty ended up not at the North Pole, but in the kitchen cleaning up the broken glass he had broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment